Follow us on Instagram
NEWS: Jewelry Trends for 2020/2021
1. CHAIN GANG
This winter expect to see a lot of layered gold chains on the neck and around the wrist, primarily yellow gold.
2. GET YOUR RING ON
And on hands expect to see rings on each finger and primarily in yellow gold.
3. PEARL GIRL
In addition to chains, we will see pearls, but mostly white and either south sea or baroque and combined with yellow gold.
4. CHARMED LIFE
Charms in all forms but particularly those with meaning like astrological signs, initials, lockets or crosses.
5. DIAMONDS R FOREVER
Diamond starburst or floral earrings will for sure be a must.
NEWS: Buying an Estate Diamond, winter 2019
Buying an estate diamond can be a tricky thing but here are some tips:
- make sure the diamond is out of mounting
- take diamond to a registered appraiser don’t try and eye-ball it yourself because you won’t have the equipment and expertise
- check pricing with bluenile.com, I find that they have pretty good pricing for the average diamond buyer, but expect to pay at least 30% less than bluenile because you have a “used” diamond
- always negotiate the price with the buyer and use cash when you can
- there are diamonds, simulants, enhancements and lab grown diamonds, none of the pricing is the same
- if it is at auction be careful because stones in jewelry can be difficult to see, especially if there is damage, if there is a GIA or other report please look at it carefully and make sure it is a reputable report